- Baking Sheet or tray
- Baking Soda
- Plastic/glass container
1. Pour 2 cups of frozen baking soda into a container.
2. Slowly add cold water and mix, slowly adding more water and mixing until the desired consistency is reached – about a 1:1 ratio.
3. Play in the snow- it makes great snow balls!
The child can now make different shapes/structures from snow.
1. To extend this activity, bring out squirt bottles filled with vinegar to make the snow magically erupt! Or drop snowballs into bowls of vinegar.
2. Have your child practice writing letters or numbers in the snow.